Thursday, July 30, 2009

{you matter...}


Okay…so who’s the worst blogger in the world these days?!?! Well the verdict is in and yours truly is guilty as charged! For whatever its worth though, I don’t mean to be!! It’s not so much “willful delinquency” as much as it has more to do with a seasonal condition better known “summer overload” {that would totally fly in court, right?!?!}. All in all, things are just busy!

Last week was a marathon week of shoots for me which left very little time for editing, especially given that we had to shoot between the rain drops all week. Our record breaking rainfall for the month of July has made outdoor photographing a challenge like no other! Mother Nature was kind though and gave us all the hour and a half windows we needed to get the job done and by the end of the week, all of my July photo shoots were finally caught up!

Then came the sickness! Really, there’s nothing more fun or feels more unnatural than being sick in the summer!! So when I should have been editing my mass of photo shoots, I was instead curled up in bed with my perfect feline watching the first season of Gilmore Girls!! So I suppose that being said, it wasn’t all bad {I’ve missed Luke!}!!

But I’m back…and trying relentlessly to get my regular blogging self back into action!! It shouldn’t be too hard either as I have TONS to blog about; Joe and Louisa’s maternity session, Josh and Courtney’s engagement session {and much anticipated wedding!}, as well as some family sessions thrown in there and of course, our upcoming trip to Italy! Before I dive into any of those though, I wanted to post some pictures of one of my favourite photo shoots yet; my afternoon with Baby Tobin on his first birthday! I had put some teasers of him up back in June but neglected to give him his rightful post on my blog {bad Gen!}. Then I saw this great little tidbit of wisdom on Jen Berry’s blog {I believe also borrowed from yet another fellow blogger} and it seemed like the perfect way to introduce this beautiful little boy; who matters so deeply to so many people…

• When you love the work you do and the people you do it with, you matter.
• When you are so gracious and generous and aware that you think of other people before yourself, you matter.
• When you leave the world a better place than you found it, you matter.
• When you continue to raise the bar on what you do and how you do it, you matter.
• When you teach and forgive and teach more before you rush to judge and demean, you matter.
• When you touch the people in your life through your actions (and your words), you matter.
• When kids grow up wanting to be you, you matter.
• When you see the world as it is, but insist on making it more like it could be, you matter.
• When you inspire a Nobel prize winner or a slum dweller, you matter.
• When the room brightens when you walk in, you matter.
• And when the legacy you leave behind lasts for hours, days or a lifetime, you matter.

~~~







To see the rest of Tobin's session, click here.

No comments: