Wednesday, August 5, 2009

{courtney & josh: engagement...}


Blind dates…I have a hard time deciding what I think about them. On the one hand, they are completely agonizing; as if first dates aren’t gut wrenching enough all on their own without adding the “blind” factor into them. But, on the other hand, my husband is essentially the result of a blind date so who am I to complain given how nicely that worked out for me?!?! So I guess that leaves my views of blind dating much like my views of any other kind of dating…it’s really hit or miss! Or as Carrie Bradshaw so eloquently puts it; “the only reason people still endure the potential misery of a first date is for the potential magic of a first kiss!” Amen!

Anytime I get a new client that I’ve never met before, I feel somewhat like I’m preparing for a blind date; We’ve chatted a bit - either by phone or by email – we decide to finally meet and sure enough, it takes more time than usual to pick out an outfit! Then of course, there is the inevitable waiting to see if the first date warrants a second date or better yet…a date with camera in hand! It’s all very romantic and lucky for me…I’ve always had exceptional taste when it comes to dating!

When I first made plans to meet up with Josh and Courtney, we decided on a Starbucks near their house. I told them to look for the girl with dark hair that was tied back who was working on her laptop. I didn’t realize that there would be more than one of us who could fit the bill but really, what blind date would be complete without a slightly awkward introduction?!? But we endured! We talked about their upcoming wedding, their families, what kind of pictures they would like and before long…I was hooked! That’s right…full on head over heels! Maybe it was their charm, their signature smiles or the adorable way that they looked at each other, but whatever it was…if they could find a way to bottle it, they’d make a fortune (and I’d be the first in line!!!!)!

Josh and Courtney are an exceptionally awesome couple! They are the potential magic that make the potential misery worth enduring! They not only make my job easy…but they make my job fun and when I met up with them at the National Gallery of Canada to do their engagement pictures, it definitely ranked up there as one of the best second dates ever!!!

As I was going through their pictures afterwards I kept thinking to myself, “Wow…I can’t believe that I get to photograph these two on their wedding day” and then just moments later…the panic set in…

Oh my gosh…what am I going to wear?!?!

Josh and Courtney, thanks for giving me butterflies! I can’t wait to see you again in a few days for what will undoubtedly be a date to remember!!

~~~


Josh and Courtney actually got engaged right here, at this very spot!!


best.kissers.ever.





This picture makes me smile every time I look at it...they are just so much fun!!


To see the rest of their engagement shoot, click here.

No comments: